Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Waiting for Normal by Leslie Conor

This book started out very depressing. Then it progressed to really depressing. But then, there was a happy ending.

Addison, also called Addy, is a 12 year old girl. She is very optimistic and makes the best of her situation which is her mother is crazy, her father is dead, and her step father who loves her and wants to take care of her can't get legal custody.

I loved Addison. At first, I didn't want to finish this book because it just seemed too depressing. But after I read about 50 pages, I fell in love with Addy. She is strong, caring, and loving. She is a wonderful person and so much better than her circumstances.

I am not so much an optimistic person. Could I have survived? Would the author have been able to write a happy ending if the main character was Ms. Librarian? I kept on worrying that everything was going to go wrong and I had to keep reading to make sure Addy was alright. I read this book in 1 day and in 2 sittings (I sat down and read 25 pages and then came back to it and finished the book). It was a delicious satisfying read!

This book reads very much like The Higher Power of Lucky so if you liked that book you should give it a try!