Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Impossible by Nancy Werlin

Grades: 11-12

17-year-old Lucy Scarborough is a reasonable girl who lives with her foster parents while her crazy bag lady mother wanders around the city seemingly terrorizing people. But everything changes the night of Prom. Lucy discovers her family is under an ancient curse by an evil Elfin Knight, she realizes to break the curse she must perform three impossible tasks described in the song her mother always sang to her. She must complete the tasks before her daughter is born in order to save them both.

I was stuck in an airport by myself when I remembered I had this book. It was a good read because it took me to another place. While Lucy was grounded in the "real world" there were elements of fantasy that were really fun.

The song was haunting. I had to go and listen to the Simon and Garfunkle song.