Monday, March 8, 2010

Teen Tech Week Book Blog

So this is our book blog.

The idea behind this is to have a place where we can easily share our thoughts and ideas about books we’ve read or want to read.

Part of reading is sharing. I’ve read many a book in my day, and nothing is more satisfying when you find someone else who loved a book you loved (Woot! Percy Jackson! I’ve read the books at least 3 times and given them as presents to my brother, husband, mother-in-law…) OR hated a book you hated (I mean, what was with the Scarlet Letter? Apparently it is a classic, or something, but I require more dialogue in my novels.).

Librarians can post topics and you can comment on them. If there is a topic you would like a librarian to blog about you can email us and we will blog at your command or we can post your comment verbatim and see what discussion comes up.

Now, there is one rule but it is very simple to follow: respect other people’s opinion. This does NOT mean that you can’t say you didn’t like a book. Not everyone is going to enjoy the same book. I for one didn’t much enjoy Twilight—sacrilege, I know. It takes all kinds and that is why there are different kinds of books. Some people like romance. Some people like science fiction.
The book blog will remain as long as there are those of you who read!

Read on!